Call for Nominations: The 2017 BOLDYS®
The Growing Bolder Awards, the BOLDYS®, are returning on Wednesday, December 6, 2017. Amy O’Rourke, President of the Cameron Group, called the inaugural 2016 BOLDYS®, “The most inspirational and positive comment on aging that I have ever been to.”
Filled with energy and excitement, the Growing Bolder Awards have three important goals:
- honor older adults who are pursuing their passions and living lives of purpose while making a difference in the lives of others
- inspire people of all ages to understand the power and possibility of aging
- call attention to the basic needs of the rapidly growing number of older adults in just about every community in the world.
Twenty prestigious BOLDYS® will be presented on December 6th in award categories to be determined by the judges. Last year's awards included:
- The Power of Positivity Award
- The Disrupting Aging Award
- The Lifelong Learning Award
- The Social Butterfly Award
- The Compassionate Caregiving Award
- The Inspired Lifestyle Award
- The Move Forward. Give Back®. Award
- The Rock Stars of Aging® Award
- The Never Stop Doing What You Love Award
- The Changemaker Award
The BOLDYS® are being hosted, once again, at Full Sail Live on the campus of Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida and will be broadcast nationally at a later date. “We’re Rebranding Aging® and the BOLDYS® are a powerful way of smashing destructive ageist stereotypes and proving that the rest of our lives can be the best of our lives,” says Growing Bolder CEO Marc Middleton. “Help us by nominating someone you inspires you for a 2017 BOLDY®.”
If you know someone worthy of BOLDY® consideration, please fill out the nomination form below. All winners will be notified by mid-November. All profits from BOLDYS® benefit the life-saving and life-changing work of the Senior Resource Alliance.
The Awards are open to any resident of Brevard, Orange, Osceola and Seminole Counties who is 60 years old and over. Nominations will close at midnight on November 4, 2017. The nominees’ actions must have occurred within the past 24 months (eligibility period: November through October 31, 2017). Winners will be chosen by an Awards Selection Committee comprised of individuals from the Senior Resource Alliance, Growing Bolder and the Winter Park Health Foundation. To be considered for an award, a nomination form must be completed and includes the nominee’s name, age, hometown and details about the nominee’s actions or contributions to his/her community. Groups will be considered if their activity was completed together and all members meet the established criteria.